Linggo, Marso 11, 2012

Dating Tips Online: To Pay or Not to Pay?

 Dating Tips Online: To Pay or Not to Pay?


What’s the standard etiquette on paying for dinner on a first date? On principle, I don’t mind, but I go out on a lot of dates and it’s getting pretty expensive. And isn’t it also a little old-fashioned with the fact that most of these women earn as much, or even more, than I do? Does it look like I’m paying in return for getting laid? What do you do? – Brian Mitchell

To help Brian and give him a couple of dating tips online, we asked the assistance of two different women with slightly different takes on the matter.  Which of these dating tips online is better?  You be the judge.

Offering to pay for dinner on a first date is not like paying for you to bang her. It sends out a message to the girl you’re dating, saying “I’m a man. I will build you things and rid you of spiders and other creepy crawlies while you bake your cake.”  Not offering to pay, or even suggesting to split the bill on a first date is deplorable.  If I was out on a date with you and you got your wallet out upon asking for the check, I would probably offer to share, unless you’ve spent the whole evening just talking about yourself.  Maybe that’s where your mistakes lie? – Helen

Yes, I agree.  It’s totally old-fashioned, but girls love it.  However, you should take this as a compliment, because if I don’t like the guy, I’ll insist on paying half I don’t want to feel indebted to him.  But if I do like him, I will let him pay.  Technically, if you asked her out on a date, it’s considered an invitation with you as the host, which would apply regardless if your guest is a guy or a girl.  Why not take your dates for a cocktail after work?  It’s going to save you time and money.  Sure, it may be a little straightforward, but in this way you can be more selective on who you want to take out for dinner.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento